Dyatlov Nikita Evgen’evich, Assistant, sub-department of internal diseases, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rakhmatullov Fagim Kasymovich, Doctor of medical sciences, professor, head of the sub-department of internal diseases, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Burmistrova Larisa Fedorovna, Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of internal diseases, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Osipenko Аngelina Evgen'evna, Student, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. An electrophysiology study (EPS) of the heart is able to assess the properties of excitable myocardial tissues of patients with cardiac arrhythmias. However, EPS is not always applicable; for example, there are restrictions to its implementation in the third trimester of pregnancy, in cases of esophageal diseases, in the acute stage of myocardial infarction. The aim of this study is to describe the method for calculating the electrophysiological properties of the myocardium of patients with cardiac rhythm disturbances by Holter ECG monitoring and compare the results with the "reference" data of the transesophageal EPS.
Materials and methods. We examined 128 pregnant women (mean age 26.1±2.2 years) with heart arrhythmias: 90 with paroxysms of atrial fibrillation, 17 with atrioventricular orthodromic reentrant tachycardia and 21 with atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia. All subjects underwent Holter ECG monitoring (HM) and transesophageal electrophysiological study of the heart (TEEPS).
Results. The following electrophysiological indices was calculated using HM: corrected sinus node recovery time (cSNRT); effective refractory periods (ERP) of the atria, atrioventricular node (AV) and its "fast" and "slow" pathways in patients with nodular tachycardia. The values calculated by the HM were not significantly different from those obtained during the TEEPS (p > 0.05). A repeated examination of patients in the third trimester of pregnancy revealed a shortened SNRT, ERP AV, ERP of "fast" and "slow" pathways, atrial ERP; but also did not reveal any significant differences in the indices obtained by both methods.
Conclusions. In this way, it is possible to recommend an evaluation of the electrophysiological properties of the myocardium of patients with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia by the method of HM in the presence of restrictions for carrying out EPS.
1. Steinberg J. S., Varma N., Aziz P. F., Cygankiewicz I. Heart Rhythm. 2017, Vol. 14, no. 7, pp. e1–e39.
2. Tikhonenko V. M., Tulintseva T. E., Lyshova O. V., Shubik Yu. V., Zemtsovskiy E. V., Reeva S. V. Vestnik aritmologii [Bulletin of arrhythmology]. 2018, no. 91, pp. 11–20. [In Russian]
3. Mitrokhin M., Kuzmin A., Dyatlov N., Rakhmatullov F., Mitrokhina N., Alimuradov A., Tychkov A. Proceedings of the 21st IEEE Conference of Open Innovations Association FRUCT. Helsinki, 2017, pp. 238–243.
4. Im S. I., Park D. H., Kim B. J. et al. Int J Cardiol Heart Vasc. 2018, vol. 19, pp. 70–74.
5. Kirkina N. Yu., Balko A. S. Klinicheskaya meditsina i farmakologiya [Clinical medicine and pharmacy]. 2016, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 25–29. [In Russian]
6. Dyatlov N. E., Rakhmatullov F. K., Kuryaeva A. M., Burmistrova L. F. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Meditsinskie nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Medical sciences]. 2016, no. 1 (37), pp. 54–62. [In Russian]
7. Dyatlov N. E., Rakhmatullov F. K., Kuryaeva A. M., Burmistrova L. F., Rakhmatullov R. F. Modeli, sistemy, seti v ekonomike, tekhnike, prirode i obshchestve [Models, systems, networks in economics, technology, nature and society]. 2015, no. 3 (15), pp. 137–143. [In Russian]
8. Cumyn A., Sauvé N., Rey É. Obstet Med. 2017, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 74–78.